Tuesday, May 2, 2017

What's Happening in Provo- Week 12

Hello, everyone!

I don't have a lot of time this week, so this update might be a bit brief.

I went on my first companion exchange this week. That's where the District leader and his companion each go with another missionary in the district to find out how we can improve and be more effective. I was with the district leader's companion, Elder Colón. He's from Puerto Rico, and he was super fun to be with. I went to his area, so it was cool to see more of the area. His area is Spanish only, so we used a lot of Spanish, which was good practice for me!

This Wednesday is the day of transfers, where some missionaries change companions or areas. Elder Gallegos and I are staying together another transfer (6 weeks), but a lot of missionaries in our district and zone are changing around. It will be cool to see some new missionaries and
get to know more people.

We've been teaching a family who has been very less active in the church since about a year ago. They have an unbaptized son who we're teaching to help him along the way. It has been really cool to see the
changes they've made in their lives because of the Gospel. The oldest daughter is getting ready to go to the temple for the first time soon, and the dad is on his way to getting ready to go back as well. They've been a super great family to teach. Gabe is only nine, so sometimes it's a bit difficult to teach him, but it's always enjoyable. For example, take this exchange from yesterday:
Us: "Gabe, what is repentance?"
G: "Choosing the right and saying your prayers."
Us: "That's pretty close. It's when we say we're sorry and ask
forgiveness from Heavenly Father."
Us: "So what's repentance again?"
G: "Choosing the right and saying your prayers."
Later--Us: "Gabe, what's the word of wisdom?"
G: "Choosing the right and saying your prayers and repenting."
Us: *facepalm*
It's always fun teaching kids.

We have two more baptisms scheduled not for this Saturday, but the next one. Both of them are super ready, and we are really grateful for the opportunity to teach them. I've really seen a lot of great things happen in the lives of the people we are teaching. I'm really loving being out here!

I'm out of time for today, but I hope you're all doing well! I know I'm doing great!

Elder Rowe

No comments:

Post a Comment